What Information Does Company Collect?
We may collect personal information from you, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card number, gender, birthday, personal interests, etc. when you access the Website through Facebook®, contact us by phone, contact us with a question or concern, or participate in a contest, promotion, or survey. In most cases, information you’ve provided in your Facebook® profile will be provided to us when you access the Website through Facebook. In addition, when you contact us through the Website or via Facebook, we may collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your operation system type, your browser type, and your activity on our Website, etc. We may maintain a record of your product interests and the purchases you make. We may combine all of this information with information about you that we acquire from our joint marketing partners, from unrelated third parties, and from any of our related brands.
How Do We Use Information We Collect?
- to process and complete your purchase transactions and provide the services you request
- to send you other offerings by email or otherwise
- to contact you about the status of your orders, to notify you of changes or provide other information concerning your order.
- to identify your travel and service preferences, so that you can be informed of new or additional products, services, and promotions that might be of interest to you
- to improve our offerings, customer service, the Website and overall customer experience
- for third-party advertising (As an example, Facebook collects certain information via cookies and web beacons to determine which web pages are visited or what products are purchased. Please note that any information collected by Facebook via cookies and web beacons is not linked to any customer’s personal information collected by us)
- during a trip, your physical location (derived from your mobile device) and first name, last initial may disclosed to third parties (e.g., other travelers, third party vendors) if you opt into our Map feature.
What Information is Shared and With Whom is it Shared?
Intra-Company: Company shares all information with its wholly owned subsidiaries. Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you, such as credit card processors. Unless we tell you differently, Company’s agents do not have any right to use personal information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. Third-Party Offers: We provide information (for example, postal addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers) to certain outside companies and marketing partners so they can let you know about products or services that might be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive these offers, please send an email with your request to email@example.com. Third-Party Advertising: see below. Legal Disclosures: If we are required to disclose customer information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, in response to law enforcement inquiry or in compliance with applicable laws, we will make such disclosure. We also reserve the right to share information with legal authorities and other companies for purposes of fraud protection. Business Transfer: In the event the ownership of all or a part of our business was to change, customer information would likely be transferred to, or licensed for use by, the new owner.
Do We Use Third-Party Advertising?
We use third-party advertising companies to serve our ads across the Internet and sometimes on our Website. These companies collect anonymous (i.e., non-personally identifiable) information about your visits to the Website and your interaction with our products and services in order to serve more relevant ads. These targeted advertisements may appear on the Website or on other websites that you visit. The anonymous information is collected through the use of pixel tags, cookies, or other techniques.
How does the Company use Interest Based Advertising?
We work with third-party companies that use tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) on our websites in order to provide tailored advertisements on our behalf and on behalf of other advertisers across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your activity on our sites and your interaction with our advertising and other communications and use this information to determine which ads you see on third-party websites and applications.
How do I access or change my information?
You can access your purchase history, name and email address when you login into the Website through Facebook. Currently, you don’t have any way to change your personal information with us except for during the check-out process when you purchase a trip or services. If there is an urgent problem, please feel to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to help out.
What Are Cookies and Do We Use Them?
Is Personal Information About me Secure?
Company endeavours to protect your information to ensure that it is kept private, however, Company cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Anyone that has access to your Facebook® account will be able to access your account with Company. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time. You agree not to hold Company accountable for any such breach.
We appreciate and encourage users to contribute comments that are respectful and further discussion on our social media sites, but ask that users avoid making comments that might be considered:
- spam (i.e., unsolicited promotion of a third-party business)
- misleading, or
Do We Have Specific Terms For Mobile Services?
- We may communicate with you via text message, Apple® push notifications or similar means.
- Although we may not charge you for these Mobile Services, your mobile carrier‘s normal messaging, data, and other rates and fees will still apply to your use of the Mobile Services.
- Downloading, installing, or using certain Mobile Services may be prohibited or restricted by your mobile carrier, and not all Mobile Services may work with all carriers or devices.
- You are responsible for checking with your mobile carrier to determine if the Mobile Services are available for your mobile devices, what restrictions, if any, may be applicable to your use of the Mobile Services, and how much they will cost you.
- By using the Mobile Services, you agree that we may communicate with you by SMS, MMS, or other electronic means to your mobile device and that certain information about your usage of the Mobile Services may be communicated to us.
- In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you agree promptly to update your mobile subscription account information to ensure that the messages we intend to send to you are not sent to another person who acquires your former mobile telephone number.
What Choices Do I Have?
As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, even though it may be needed to take advantage of the Website and services and products we offer. However, if you access the Website through Facebook®, then you will automatically create an account and it will contain information made available through Facebook. You may request deletion of your Company account by sending an e-mail to email@example.com and explain that you want to delete your account. Please note that information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
How do I Contact the Company?
American Student Travel Abroad
326 Main Avenue
Brookings, SD 57006
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy on our Website, please send us a detailed message at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.