American Student Travel Abroad Standard Payment Policy Matrix
|Trip Amount||First Payment|
Due on Registration
Due Nov. 1 for Spring Program
Due Jan. 15 for Summer Program
Due 75 Days Prior to Dept
|Taxes & Fees
Due 30 Days Prior to Dept
Please Note that the Payment Schedule laid out in your Official Brochure for your tour will contain the exact amounts and due dates for your program. The above matrix is a general guideline to use if no other dates are given.
General Payment Information:
- The date of payment is determined by the date of receipt by American Student Travel Abroad (ASTA).
- Payments that are late are subject to a $50 late fee.
- All dates and amounts listed in the payment schedule in your Official Brochure for your program supersedes the dates and amounts listed above.
- Customizable payment plans are available upon request for programs over $2000. Please contact our office for details.
- There is a $40 service charge on all returned checks.
American Student Travel Abroad Standard Cancellation Policy Matrix
|TIME FRAME OF CANCELLATION||CANCELLATION FEE|
|MORE THAN 240 DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE||FULL REFUND MINUS $50 PROCESSING FEE|
|239-120 DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE||$300 CANCELLATION FEE|
|119-90 DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE||$600 (PLUS ANY AIRLINE AND HOTEL PENALTIES)|
|89-60 DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE||50% OF PROGRAM PRICE (PLUS ANY AIRLINE AND HOTEL PENALTIES)|
|59 DAYS OR LESS||NO REFUND|
Before the tour begins, ASTA reserves space for each traveler and thus incurs costs. We therefore charge cancellation fees should a participant elect to not travel with the tour. (We strongly recommend purchasing Travel Insurance, which offer varying degrees of financial protection)
- All cancellation requests must be submitted in writing by mail fax, or e-mail in order to be valid.
- There are no medical exceptions to this policy
- The date of cancellation is determined by the date of receipt by ASTA of a signed written notification of cancellation from participant wishing to cancel.
- All cancellation fees are non-transferable
Replacements are allowed until 75 days prior to departure. Replacements must be of same gender as cancelled party and new registration form must arrive with cancellation letter in order to be valid, NO EXCEPTIONS. There will be a replacement fee of $100.
Participants who have cancelled and then want to rejoin the tour must pay a $50 reinstatement fee, plus any difference between the old and new Tour Fees and any applicable late fees. The registration is subject to availability and to all conditions governing late registrations (if applicable). Travelers must also re-purchase insurance (if applicable). If no space becomes available, all original cancellation fees apply.